greenpois0n 3g help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hinsonn, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hinsonn macrumors newbie

Guys and gals I’m really lost. I have tried this atleast 100 times in the past 2 days. I have restored my ipod numerous times, have tried to use greenpois0n on 2 diff computers ( one Xp and one Vista). My phone is a 3g with 4.2.1 (8C148) BB05.15.04. When I attempt, I go through the start to get into dfu mode and it just keeps saying try again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. Hinsonn thread starter macrumors newbie

labman thanks for the fast response. Your method was different than the other wasys I have tried, they all said to have the phone off. One question I have is when you open greenpois0n it closes itunes. Should I open itunes back up before attempting again?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Of course it is not going to work. Greenpois0n is only for 3GS and Iphone4. Why did you try it on 3G?

Use redsn0w or pwnage tool to jailbreak your phone.

5. Hinsonn thread starter macrumors newbie

Crystal-RX, I have read on numerous sites that it does work for 3g, but if this is the case, I do not have a mac for pwnage and I have not been able to get redsn0w to work either. Its gotta be an issue with dfu. itunes is popping up the windo saying the phone is in recovery and on my xp laptop it even pops up a bubble message saying phone is in dfu mode but still no luck.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since your phone is 3G, why don't you use itunes to downgrade it to 3.1.3? then use spirit or jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it. by doing so, you by pass the dfu mode.

Is there a reason you want to have your phone with 4.2.1 firmware? Personally, I think 3G works best with 3.1.3.

7. Hinsonn thread starter macrumors newbie

Crystal-RX, yeah I just went ahead and went back to 3.1.3. Thats what I had until 2 days ago and wanted to try out a newer os, mainly just for the folders, oh well. Thank you all for the help.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Numerous people have said 3.1.3 is the best iOS for the 3G. Problem is Apple isn't really supporting the 3G after that. It can load the iOS but Apple is concerned about benefiting the 3GS and I4 anything 4.0 and up. So 3.1.3 is your best iOS.