greenpois0n 4.2.1 stuck at lock screen ip4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TtheB, Feb 5, 2011.

1. TtheB macrumors newbie

Managed to get everything running and cydia installed. started adding my extentions back, after i installed Qtweeter, after rebooting my phones stuck at lock screen! any one know if i can get rid of qtweeter without having to reinstall? it happened last time when i ran pkg backup but must be something to do with qtweeter:confused:

2. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think if you make a call to your phone, and answer it, then click the home button, it should take you to your home screen. Then go to Cydia and uninstall the app from there.

3. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hang on, by 'stuck at the lock screen'

Do you mean you get stuck at 'Slide to Unlock'?

Are you able to sleep/wake your screen?

Or is it a frozen image?

If you can sleep the screen by clicking
    the power button the method I told you 'should' work.

4. TtheB thread starter macrumors newbie

totally frozen, every 5 minutes itll boot through back to frozen lock screen, no buttons work.

5. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Does iTunes or iphoto recognise your device?

Chances are you'll need to restore. Try putting it into DFU mode, and restoring from iTunes.

Theres a piece of software called TinyUmberella that can kick your device out of DFU if it's stuck.

6. matthew23 macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me with qtweeter. Had to rejailbreak and add everything back.

7. threeez macrumors newbie

solution via another forum

works like a charm...
    After a little digging around, I happened to find "qStatus.bundle" inside of "Library/MobileSubstrate"! I deleted it, and now my iPod responded by going into safe mode. I deleted the package from Cydia then, and now It's working again.