GreenPois0n RC4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ace134blue, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Ok so i previously jail-broke my 3GS MB on limera1n beta 3/4 ( dont remember) and today i restored and tried using greenpois0n for better stability improvements using RC4. It does NOT work for me on 4.1. I follow the steps correctly but it says jailbreak failed :( I have tried several times. i know it is not user error because i did it on my ipod touch 2g and got it my first try. I have tried Mac and PC, mac didnt work for either devices, but PC worked for ipod but not the 3gs. Is this a bug? What are there differences between RC3 and 4? If its just support for ipod touch 2g then ill try it. I hope someone can give me some insight.

Anyone?
    Phresh restore doesnt work either.

2. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Greenpois0n does not offer "better stability" over Limera1n. If your 3GS was running fine before after using Limera1n, then you just went through all that trouble for nothing. I jailbroke my 3GS using Limera1n and have had zero problems. Both programs use the same exact same exploit and the only difference is in the execution -- after it's over they're exactly the same. Use whichever one you can get to work for your device.

3. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Technically thats not true, anyways i notice springboard is better in Greenpois0n. Limera1n was slower and showed that loading icon all the time.

4. navigates macrumors 6502a

I believe that's speculation. As far as I know both the exploits are same. Not similar, but they are same. I've been using limera1n on my ip4 and gp on my work ip4. Absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in performance. I've tested them both side to side and they both boot in the exact same second.. Perform the same. offourse I've not customized my device and the main reason for jb was mywii thats all.

5. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Of course they are the same speed. Springboard was just noticeably better and slightly faster. Using sbsettings to reboot showed a loading circle on the lock screen but with greenpois0n its instantaneous. Greenpois0n will be better in the future no doubt because a team of people will be working on it instead of 1 person.

6. navigates macrumors 6502a

OK so both the phones through sbsettings show the clock before rebooting. At first I tried limera1n's reboot and got the clock before rebooting and tried the gp ip4. Same clock and reboots.

7. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

LR hater.

8. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Lol, id rather have a team develop a jailbreak then one person

9. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

well mine doesnt. :)