greenposi0n and Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by irthy, Nov 1, 2010.

1. irthy macrumors member

2. irthy thread starter macrumors member

3. irthy thread starter macrumors member

but both my loader and cydia icons are white. What gives? And cydia doesn't load.

4. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Reboot

5. irthy thread starter macrumors member

no good still. I knew i should have done limera1n.

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

Keep rebooting until they are good to go. Unpack cydia first (open it after downloading)

7. irthy thread starter macrumors member

okay. JB. Ran the white loader. Installed Cydia and i tried to open the white cydia icon. Didn't boot. So i restarted the phone did this 3 times with no luck. LimeRa1n??? But heard GP is more stable... how ironic. I'm running a 3GS btw.

8. irthy thread starter macrumors member

limera1n is the ish. Sorry, whether you like Geohot or not he can produce quality jb's. Loved blackra1n. hated jailbreakme.com and greenposi0n failed.

9. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Not to threadjack, but my GP JB went fine (after I dealt w/ a few issues that were caused by the 4.1 firmware I downloaded). I have noticed that Cydia seems buggy now... It will take forever to load (says "loading packages" forever at the top, then I will occasionally get an "Error refreshing data - failed to fetch" message).

When I click "changes", I will often see no updates to my DL'd packages (which could be because there are none), and it will take quite a while to load then as well. Anyone having buggy/slow Cydia issues on JP or LR?

10. irthy thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if it's 4.1 related or the jb but i can't get bossprefs to run :(