Greeting Cards for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bad1550, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bad1550 macrumors regular

Is there any Greeting Card software for the Mac similar to American Greetings Creatacard?

Thanks,

Bob

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Does anyone else remember when Apple released iCards (or whatever it was called) to great fanfare and said ecards were one of the biggest things that people did on the net? They made the cards webpage one of the 5 main tabs at the top of apple.com and then not long after that the iCards part of website just disappeared? Boy, that was a huge misstep that you never hear mentioned.

3. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

You can make some pretty sweet cards in iPhoto. After you make them, you just save them as a PDF file and then you can print them.

4. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Mitou macrumors regular

If you have leopard you can also make some really nice cards in mail. There is card pack from Equinux that gives you a lot of choices. All of the cards can be quickly modified with your own photos and if so inclined you can even modify the themes.
    Have fun

6. gvg45 macrumors member

How do you save the cards made in iPhoto? I looked around and could not find anywhere to save the cards made. Only option is to buy.

7. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I don't have the new iphoto, but if it lets you print it then just do a 'print to PDF.'

8. gvg45 macrumors member

In the new iphoto there is no printing of made cards either, at least none that I see. Too bad, it would have been nice to print our own cards instead of only having the option of buying them.:(

9. Fatworm macrumors newbie

If it helps, you can certainly save as PDF in iPhoto 08. Just go to print, select the PDF drop down and select Save as PDF...

Worked for me anyway... Thanks for the pointer!

10. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

In addition to the ones in JNB's google search, another good one is The Print Shop which has an extensive Greeting Card section- as well as 31 other print project categories for almost every need. You can check it out at this link.

11. reh macrumors 6502a

Hallmark has a bunch of customizable cards on their website. I ordered a few the other day for a couple dollars each. The quality is pretty decent, although not quite the same as a store-bought card.