Greetings and a Q

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sirena, May 11, 2012.

1. Sirena macrumors newbie

I want to say hello and to ask a Q if I may
    My mac book pro is barely 5mo old and when I play video in some parts the video begins to shake and jump like crazy. Que passa? I was a PC person, figured I'll give Mac a try and this happens? I don't want to be sorry I dropped 2K on a broken toy... any advice? I recon there are some seriously fabulous brains in this forum.
    Hugz,
    Marika

2. simsaladimbamba

What player do you use to play what exact videos, when that happens?

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. that1guyy macrumors 6502

I hate when people who try something new and face some problems with it have such an arrogant attitude. So many little kids who don't know how to solve their own problems think its a "broken toy." Go back to PC.

4. Sirena thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh just watching youtube. Right now is the first time it happened. In the middle of a video the screen begins to dance like Michael Jackson ;)

----------

Since I said hello, try starting your sentence with hello and then your opinion. Everyone has an opinion, they're like buttonholes, you know?
    Many PC users hate mac users. I tried something new, so don't be an ass, praise that. I never said I'm going back to a PC but your personality certainly sheds light on what macusers are like. Or are you just one in a million...

5. simsaladimbamba

It may help to know, what exact Mac you have, what exact Mac OS X version you use, what exact browser and version you surf with with, what exact Flash version is installed and what resolution you watched the video in. A link could also provide some insight.

6. Sirena thread starter macrumors newbie

You're right, hahaha it says MacBook Pro on the screen and I use Safari ;) I'm sorry I don't know the rest. It's new to me, all of it. I could take my PC apart and put it back together but with the mac I'mnot even used to typing on it. The edges of the mac are also killing me. Sharp as knives these things are. Why?

7. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

PC users dont hate us. Trust me, I know them. They might dislike the computer, but almost no one dislikes the people themselves.

And many users on the forums prefer that people try to learn more about the issues instead of coming on here and complaining that a $2000 dollar "toy" isnt working. If you got a mac just for the kicks, I feel sorry for you. Macs are worth more than that.

8. Sirena thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I know. I just was ref. to the whole mac vs pc people thing. I got a mac b/c I had to. To be honest. I am editing a film and I got the mac for the Final Cut
    I want to learn, but it's discouraging when you type and the edges cut into your arms, when you watch a video and it's dancing, or when mac people aren't welcoming... ;)

9. simsaladimbamba

To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click :apple: > About This Mac:
    [​IMG]
    To find out, what exact Mac model you use, click :apple: > About This Mac > More Info > Hardware Overview:
    [​IMG]
    To see a more elaborate image explaining the above steps, click here.
    To see a more detailed video tutorial showing the above steps, click here (2 MB, 23s, .mp4).​
    As for Flash: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1370026

As for Safari:
    [​IMG]

Performance Tips For Mac OS X

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Bad posture of yours. You don't rest your wrists on the edges, though I do, as I type incorrectly too, but I don't have those cuts, or am used to real knives, that are really sharp.

10. Sirena thread starter macrumors newbie

Simsaladimbamba aside from everything I have to ask: How the heck do you pronounce that? :pPP

----------

Wow, that's weird. I'm sitting on a yoga ball chair...
    http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Balance...orting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1336773310&sr=1-1and I'm quite sure my posture is more than perfect ;))) Maybe I should keep it further away on the desk, but then, I'll need glasses... errr:confused:

----------

Thank you for all the helpful links! A mac person just walked through the door, so I am at his mercy ;PPP Ciao for now.​

11. simsaladimbamba

http://www.seating-ergonomics.com/ergonomic-keyboard.html
    Ciao.

12. Sirena thread starter macrumors newbie