Greetings and farewell with .mp3 files?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ColdNCursed, Jul 4, 2010.

1. ColdNCursed macrumors newbie

I would like my Macbook (running OSX 10.6.4) to play a .mp3 when it starts up, and when I shut it down. I've been looking around and googling and can't seem to find a way...

Any help is greatly apreciated ;>

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

No idea how you'd do it sorry, automator maybe?

Anyway, point of posting... I'm curious, why?!?!

3. ColdNCursed thread starter macrumors newbie

Because it gives it a more personal touch :) Through automator I can make the mac say things with the robot voice thing, but I'm not very good with using it, no idea if I could have it use a .mp3 file some how...

4. ColdNCursed thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Xavier macrumors 68020

Do you mean to replace the start up chime with an mp3? Or do you mean to have a log in and log out mp3 sound for your account?

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I think the OP means like Windows' start up and shutdown chime.

7. ColdNCursed thread starter macrumors newbie

My fault for not specifically stating what I was after; I'm looking to replace the 'windows chime' (I don't beleive there is a mac one?) for when I start up the computer. For example, when it shows the apple logo on startup, I would also like for it to play a sound.

IF; that is not possible, I would have no problem with a sound for when I log into my account (vs logging into guest account)

To be honest, either or works :)

8. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

I use this Sound Shuffler X 1.6 for alert sounds. I'm at home now, but come Monday, I will post how I have startup sound and shut down sound. Can't remember how I did now.

When it finishes the startup routine, I have Gene Wilder from Young Frankenstein saying " It's alive, Its alive" and shut down is Arnold from Terminator "I'll be back."

9. ColdNCursed thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be lovely Dane :) Is this program free, or will I have to shove out a few precious coins for it?

10. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

11. ColdNCursed thread starter macrumors newbie

The link you gave me leads to a broken download link, as well as the other 5 links I've checked.. Could you upload it on Cloud and link it to me please? :) (The .dmg) Otherwise I'll keep at my search. :)

I tried going to the creator of the programs homepage (from what I know of) it seems to be made by a company by the name of "nouturn" and that page is also down.. :(

Apparently this should be the link to the download (every link (literally) on the first page of google (and half of 2nd page, which I'm going through now) gives me; http://www.nouturn.com/files/SoundShufflerX.dmg

After going through every link on google up to page 3, I give up looking for that software. It appears to no longer exist :) I even tried for torrents, nothing.

12. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

PM me with your email and can send the .dmg file only 216kb.