Greetings, Roll Tide, and Semper Paratus!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phlux, Feb 22, 2012.

1. phlux macrumors newbie

Hello, everyone. My name is Kevin, and I'm new here to the "world of Apple," if you will.

Coming from an Android background, I received 32GB iPad 2 for Christmas, and loved the thing so much that I bought my wife and I iPhone 4Ses this past weekend. (We are with Verizon if that makes a difference..)

I originally hail from Montgomery, AL (Roll Tide!) and I am currently stationed in Houston, TX with the U.S. Coast Guard as a Marine Science Technician.

One thing I really enjoyed about Android was the outstanding support from the community. The only thing I hated was that I was constantly rooting, overclocking, and flashing custom ROMs just to make the phone usable. The iPhone is a definite upgrade in that respect.

Anyhow, just giving you all a little intro and some info about me. I look forward to meeting you all and chatting on a regular basis. Can't wait to get to post number 500 so I can put up my University of Alabama avatar! (grin)

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Welcome aboard! Keep a check on that Apple fever you caught - you may end up with Macbooks and all sorts in your home :D

3. phlux thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, funny that you mention that. The wife and I are looking at getting AppleTV this weekend.

4. phlux thread starter macrumors newbie

Man...everywhere I go, I know I'm bound to run into another Bama fan! It was awesome handing it back to LSU this year, wasn't it?