Grey color appearing as yellow. RMBP screen issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salvator, Mar 30, 2015.

1. salvator macrumors regular

Hey,

I first had the amazing A018 screen but my computer would creak so I got the screen replaced and ended up with 3 A020 screens following. The first was uneven so I got it replaced then after that I ended up with a screen which was a little warm but the service center scratched it so I got it replaced again and then finally the screen I have now. I haven't compared it with another screen but the google bar and typically the #f1f1f1 color seems to be yellowish grey, the color changes with the angle of the display, except for that the screen seems to be fine.

I tried calibrating it with the inbuilt calibrator but no help!

That yellowish greyness is driving me nuts!!!!
    Except for that the screen seems to be fine.
    Any Suggestions?

I don't have genius bars but only authorized service centers and the Apple Care in my country is rude and they don't understand anything and they have already replaced it thrice before and all the three displays were similar!

Attached Files:

2. prism macrumors 6502a

I don't get it, what does your computer creaking have to do with getting the screen replaced?

3. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

yep that is because when I gave it to the service center to fix the creaking, they cleaned by screen with some cloth due to which there were too many scratches on the screen and because of that I was forced to get the screen replaced

4. xylitol macrumors regular

And then they scratched another one (A020) after that? Sounds like a disservice center.

5. salvator thread starter macrumors regular

yep they scratched my first A018 which was perfect and because of that now I'm playing roulette then they scratched one A020 and one was very uneven so totally i went through 3 replacements and this one sucks too. Does picture appear to be normal?Any suggestions?

6. xylitol macrumors regular

It's really hard to tell from any photo. I mean, based on the (darkish) photo, there appears to be unevenness and even a blotch, whereas you say the screen seems to be fine, except for its hue. As for evaluating its yellowness, your camera's white balance is one factor, my monitor's calibration is another, and then there are of course differences in how we see and what we prefer and consider "normal".

I would suggest trying a real calibration, but it's easy for me to say because I happen to own a colorimeter.
    http://www.color-management-guide.com/calibrate-laptop-display-macbook-pro.html

7. carmona macrumors newbie