Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Anyone else randomly get grey icons in the app store updates tab? You can usually make them come back by scrolling them off the screen and back.

It's been happening for a while; I reported it a while back with bugreporter but there was no response, and it's still going on. Wondering if it might be specific to my phone for some reason.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Something that has been discussed in a few threads before as people have been coming across this for some time (at least since iOS 9 launched or was in beta, if not even a bit before that).

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Yeah, this drives me crazy. Kinda like the app icon cache isn't getting saved for whatever reason.

Scrolling through the list does bring them back, but it drives OCD people like me crazy.

Same thing happens with the Apple 'Remote' app with large iTunes libraries. The album art cache is constantly being reset and all of my album art vanishes. One of the many reasons I've given up on that terrible app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.