Grey iPad bar coming to iPhone in OS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Jun 5, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Just a thought, I much prefer the grey header on the iPad, instead of the disgusting baby blue colour on the iPhone... it's so much more simple and the eye isn't attracted to the subtle white/grey. Do you think it's coming to the iPhone, or are we stuck with blue? :(

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about....

Stuck with blue? :confused:

3. twoism macrumors member

I think OP is talking about the colour of the UI surrounding the main apps, like mail, safari, etc.
    To be honest I didn't notice the difference until it was pointed out lol.

4. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

iPad:
    [​IMG]
    The bit where you enter the URL is grey here... :)

iPhone:
    [​IMG]
    ... But blue here :(

It's lie this for all the apps, although I much prefer the grey - to me, blue looks a bit dated.

5. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

Doubt it. They need a reason for you to buy the iPad, right? :cool:

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I would like to see the grey UI come over to the iPhone, it does certainly look a little sleeker.

7. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haaa, I can't believe a mall colour change would make people buy it (or would it :rolleyes:) but don't they want unity? So they look the same?

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I like the light blue better, so I hope they keep it. :)

9. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

The blue doesn't really bother me but I guess a little change wouldn't hurt!!

10. kopite19 macrumors regular

Well, you get the choice of Graphite and Blue in OSX for appearance..and it does look better in grey on the iPad. I'd welcome the change.

11. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't is the only change in graphite the colorless "stop lights"

I like the gray. 4.0 is based off ipads 3.2 (backgrounds, dock, screen rotation (maybe) so we may see more of iPads 3.2 features being added to iPhone 4.0

12. kopite19 macrumors regular

It also changes the menu highlights in the menu bar at the top of the screen and changes the button highlights from blue to gray. Also changes the outlining within OSX to gray as well. Only slight changes, but it looks a bit "sleeker", especially on the iPad. Here's hoping for the option anyway.

13. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

Also some menu's and windows as well. In the system preferences, the little search menu will switch to either a blue or grey highlight depending on which selection you choose. In OS X I prefer the blue because just because I don't like the "stop lights" all grey, it looks weird IMO I much prefer them in colour. However I really do like the grey UI and think it would make the iPhone look nicer, but the iPad and iPhone are two different and separate products so I doubt Apple would ever change it. You can always jailbreak the iPhone if it bothers you that much though.

14. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

As I said the iPhone OS 4.0 is based off 3.2.