Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
London
Hello,

this is about my first iPhone (original), the one I recieved as my birthday present, the one which I don't want to let go of, but will have to at some point.

Yestereday, I turned it on and I saw a few pink and grey pixels. This morning, there are substantially more, and, they seem to be moving, horizontally, but not by much.

The pixels are grey, some are very pink. I'm not sure if they are dead, and I can't make them live again. They are so damn annoying.

Regards.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Hello,

this is about my first iPhone (original), the one I recieved as my birthday present, the one which I don't want to let go of, but will have to at some point.

Yestereday, I turned it on and I saw a few pink and grey pixels. This morning, there are substantially more, and, they seem to be moving, horizontally, but not by much.

The pixels are grey, some are very pink. I'm not sure if they are dead, and I can't make them live again. They are so damn annoying.

Regards.

Are you asking a question?

Sounds like the digitizer or the screen is going dead. It happens with age and since it's a mobile device, it is subjected to more wear and tear than a device that is stationary.

You can replace the screen or leave it be and get a new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.