grey screen with cicle

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hotrod351, Jul 17, 2013.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

i just got a 2006 macbook pro with snow leopard. and i have a macpro 2006 with lion. long story short i decided to erase the macbook HD and clone from my macpro o put lion on it. when ive ever had problems with one of my HD on my macpro i just erase that hd and clone from my second hd, i keep one of my internal hd,s for backup. that solution has never failed me. well after i cloned from my desktop to my macbook and restarted my macbook all i get is a grey screen with a circle and a line in it. if i restart it holding the T key it shows up on my macpro and when i check the hd it looks like everything is in there. what have i done wrong.

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

If the MBP you have is a MacbookPro1,1 or MacbookPro1,2 model, then it can't support anything higher than Snow Leopard.

Someone want to clear up why there's a maximum OS limit?

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

If the version of Lion on the Mac Pro is specific to your Mac Pro you won't be able to boot a MacBook Pro (or any other kind of Mac for that matter) with it. To be able to boot the MacBook Pro you need either the original version of OS X that shipped with it or a full retail version of a newer version of OS X.