grey screen with cicle

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hotrod351, Jul 17, 2013.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2007
    Mohave Valley Arizona
    i just got a 2006 macbook pro with snow leopard. and i have a macpro 2006 with lion. long story short i decided to erase the macbook HD and clone from my macpro o put lion on it. when ive ever had problems with one of my HD on my macpro i just erase that hd and clone from my second hd, i keep one of my internal hd,s for backup. that solution has never failed me. well after i cloned from my desktop to my macbook and restarted my macbook all i get is a grey screen with a circle and a line in it. if i restart it holding the T key it shows up on my macpro and when i check the hd it looks like everything is in there. what have i done wrong.
  2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Aug 29, 2009
    If the MBP you have is a MacbookPro1,1 or MacbookPro1,2 model, then it can't support anything higher than Snow Leopard.

Someone want to clear up why there's a maximum OS limit?
  3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2009
    If the version of Lion on the Mac Pro is specific to your Mac Pro you won't be able to boot a MacBook Pro (or any other kind of Mac for that matter) with it. To be able to boot the MacBook Pro you need either the original version of OS X that shipped with it or a full retail version of a newer version of OS X.