Grey Splotches in LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chgojcs, Mar 18, 2009.

1. chgojcs macrumors member

Very, very disappointed with Applecare.

So I took my Macbook Pro to the store and they sent it out, and they replaced the logic board, but they didn't fix the other problem I noticed on my computer.
    They day I took it in, I noticed these grey blotches on the right edge of my display and the genius marked it on the work order to inspect and advise. But they didn't seem to do anything about it.

So now I am wondering if anyone has seen them before, and if they have an idea what it is, and if so, what I should do since Applecare didn't fix the issue.
    And no, as far as I know, I have never gotten liquid on my screen.
    I know the picture is a little blurry, but it's near the top of the screen and to get into more detail, it's like it's made up of tiny grey dots.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. chgojcs thread starter macrumors member

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Haven't seen it before, but I would take it back again- this time specifically for the screen issue. A logic board replacement is about as involved as a repair gets, so while it is extremely irritating that they didn't look at what can safely be regarded as a secondary issue, I do understand how it could have been overlooked.

4. chgojcs thread starter macrumors member

Which is ironic, since that was the primary reason I took it in. The fact that they seemed to ignore is what annoys me.

5. engelhart macrumors member

My 17" Core Duo, a friends 17" Core Duo and my gfs 15" Core Duo all suffer from this problem.

My friend managed to get Applecare to fix it, but only after weeks of phonecalls and refusals to do anything about it.

I've never tried to get mine sorted as I haven't been able to afford to be without my laptop for over a week. However, I've just bought a new Macbook Pro so am now going to start going through the rigmarole of getting Apple to fix it.