Grey theme showing despite being set to "aqua"??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alasbarricadas, Sep 26, 2010.

1. alasbarricadas macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me as this is really annoying me! Recently, instead of my theme being blue, it is grey. My computer starts up with a grey screen and apple logo (instead of blue like before), and even though I have selected "aqua" it is still grey or graphite. I haven't changed any settings. When I go to system preferences and display, if I select the default profile, the colour LCD one, it is a weird brown/yellowy color. All the other ones are various shades of grey rather than blue (which I have selected because it is preferable to the brown). I have no idea why my computer is doing this as it seemed to be working fine before. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

2. PurdueGuy macrumors regular

What kind of Mac is it? I thought all Macs boot with the grey logo screen. I don't recall ever seeing a blue boot screen.

3. alasbarricadas thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a Macbook Pro... I thought it used to be blue but maybe I am just losing it :D. The dock is also grey when I swore it used to be a bluish colour. Could just be me though. Thanks for replying anyway!

4. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

You haven't set 'Greyscale' by mistake have you?
    System Prefs > Universal access > Display > Greyscale :)
    Fun for a change and easy to read..