Greyed Iphone and other weird stuff...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OSXelot, Jun 4, 2008.

1. OSXelot macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, this is my first post and hope not to be the last...

I´m a Mac user (just in case if you post PC solutions)

the thing is, yesterday I bought to a "friend" (actually is someone i know) an 1.1.4 iphone.

The phone was jailbroken, activated, unlocked, you name it, BUT installer wasnt installed :p (weird stuff)

any way, when i got home, the first thing i tried is to connect to my home wifi connection. I was able to enter the wifi configuration panel where i chose my connection and when I got connected it returned to my home screen and after that my wifi was greyed out as you all might know.

the weird thing is that today i woke up hoping to find the same problem, BUT my phone was showing the Wifi options, i was able to connect to my home connection, the mac address appeared in "about" section, etc...BUT i could not search websites, or connect anywhere, cos once i got connected to my network and returned to desktop my wifi was "unconfigured" again BUT NOT GREYED OUT...

after several times, my wifi is GREYED OUT AGAIN...

pd: one detail, i dont think it matters, but my iphone is WITHOUT CHIP cos tomorrow or the day after I´m gonna buy one for this phone.

pd2: sorry for my english :D

thanks a lot!

2. OSXelot thread starter macrumors newbie

3. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

Do you know what method was used to unlock it? I know that iLiberty+ has a fix for the grayed out WiFi image, but I think you would have had to used iLiberty+ to have unlocked it originally to use it. Have you searched for WiFi fixes related to the method that was used to your phone?

4. OSXelot thread starter macrumors newbie

The guy that bought the phone before me, had no clue about pretty much ANYTHING...

the things is, i tried the Ziphone and iLiberty+ "wifi fixes" but no luck

there are plenty of posibilities, the one I hope to work and I didnt tried yet was the one to "virginize" the entire thing...or the one where I go back to 1.1.3 and see what happens.

I will try that with a friend tomorrow, I also found a tool called "iDemocracy" that puts your phone in fully "out of the box" state, so I guess thats another one.

What do you guys think?

thnx for the reply :apple: