Greyed out music on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kart, Nov 27, 2015.

1. kart macrumors member

Having problems with music on my iPhone 6S 128gb.
    I have just over 7,000 tunes on iTunes on my MBP, many have been uploaded thru cd's and collected over years and years. Since I have purchased my iPhone 6S, when I go to transfer/sync music from the MBP to the iPhone about 3,500 songs are greyed out with a circle to the far left.

They transfer onto my iPhone, but as I don't want to use my data to stream music, I have the music turned off through the mobile setting in settings, so I get an error msg pop up when I click on the greyed out music on my iPhone, telling me to go to setting and basically allow the music app to use my data - I don't want this!

I can listen to all my music on my MBP "offline" but its a different story on my 6S. I never had this problem on my 6, its only been since I have changed phones.

A lot of my music was also downloaded for "offline use" thru Apple music, and now they are also all greyed out, and I need to download all of them again for offline use..

iTunes & iPhone 6S are running the latest versions.

Anyone know what is going on? Cant seem to find a fix at all and is quite frustrating as I am missing half of my music on the 6S.

Any help would be awesome, cheers.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You can not copy music that you do not own. Any music you downloaded his your CD will be available to move but the other will not.