Greyed out songs on iPhone 5

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
So just signed up for match this weekend. The songs are showing up on my iPad, but only a few are showing up in the iPhone and the vast majority are greyed out. Any idea how to fix this?

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Has anyone had this issue that might be able to offer a couple of suggestions?

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Check Settings > Music and make sure "Show All" is selected. Also might want to check your parental controls if a lot of the music is explicit.

InnocenceMyth

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
also check settings > music and make sure "use cellular" is enabled (something like that, I don't have it in front of me). If that is off but "show all" is on and you are on a cellular network vs. wifi you will see all your music but not be able to play it.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Thanks for the response. I checked and both those things are still on. It seems to me that on my home computer, of the 3 steps for iTunes match, it only seems to do step 1.

doctorjo5

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
What if we are having this problem but don't want to use iTunes match and also don't want to allow anything over cellular because we don't have much data?

I have tons of greyed out songs but they are all mp3s that I imported into itunes after either ripping a cd or buying from Amazon digitally. This problem is super annoying. I have a playlist with 750 songs on it and only about 1/3 of them are actually playable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.