Greyed out songs on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by volntitan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. volntitan macrumors 6502

So just signed up for match this weekend. The songs are showing up on my iPad, but only a few are showing up in the iPhone and the vast majority are greyed out. Any idea how to fix this?

2. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

3. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

Has anyone had this issue that might be able to offer a couple of suggestions?

4. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

5. newagemac macrumors 68020

Check Settings > Music and make sure "Show All" is selected. Also might want to check your parental controls if a lot of the music is explicit.

6. InnocenceMyth macrumors newbie

also check settings > music and make sure "use cellular" is enabled (something like that, I don't have it in front of me). If that is off but "show all" is on and you are on a cellular network vs. wifi you will see all your music but not be able to play it.

7. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response. I checked and both those things are still on. It seems to me that on my home computer, of the 3 steps for iTunes match, it only seems to do step 1.

8. doctorjo5 macrumors newbie

What if we are having this problem but don't want to use iTunes match and also don't want to allow anything over cellular because we don't have much data?

I have tons of greyed out songs but they are all mp3s that I imported into itunes after either ripping a cd or buying from Amazon digitally. This problem is super annoying. I have a playlist with 750 songs on it and only about 1/3 of them are actually playable.