Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Feral has given us a release date for Grid Autosport - 10th December (next week). Linux release on the same day also.

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/mac-games/gridautosport/

Minimum Requirements:

OS
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Processor
Intel 1.8 GHz
RAM
4GB
Hard Disk
18GB
Graphics
512MB
Input
Keyboard

Recommended Requirements:

OS
Mac OS X 10.11.1 or higher
Processor
Intel 2.4 GHz
RAM
8GB
Hard Disk
20GB
Graphics
1GB
Input
Steering Wheel

The following graphics cards are not supported: AMD Radeon HD 4xxx series, ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel HD5300, Intel HD3000, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 9xxx series, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 1xx series and NVIDIA 7xxx series.

This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.

Reactions: Trautman

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Yes, and - as usual - fantastic port from the Feral guys.
I'm running on Ultra settings @ 2560x1440 and its runs very smoothly!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Yes, and - as usual - fantastic port from the Feral guys.
I'm running on Ultra settings @ 2560x1440 and its runs very smoothly!

Have you noticed we have Wheel support with FFB without needing any kext drivers from 10.6.8? :D

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Yes, Ed, I certainly did notice that and I emailed the support guys to say what a fantastic job you guys are doing to support the Mac in general, but racers in particular. It's so good to have the use of all buttons as well as FFB on my G27.
Great job!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Yes, Ed, I certainly did notice that and I emailed the support guys to say what a fantastic job you guys are doing to support the Mac in general, but racers in particular. It's so good to have the use of all buttons as well as FFB on my G27.
Great job!

Glad you're enjoying the feature. Took a while to work out given the lack of official support on OS X for Wheels but now we have worked it out FFB on these Logitech wheels should be standard in all Feral racing games from now on :)

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Great to see that Feral figured out the Logitech wheels. This game is superb with the G27 and it's shifter and clutch! Looking forward to any new racing games coming from Feral already, but this is just a great Christmas present! Thanks for everything.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Is Yosemite an absolute must..?
Or can it be played on Mavericks?

I ask that as I have a 2008 Mac Pro as my racing-Mac which runs Mavericks and really prefer to keep it on Mavericks.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Is Yosemite an absolute must..?
Or can it be played on Mavericks?

I ask that as I have a 2008 Mac Pro as my racing-Mac which runs Mavericks and really prefer to keep it on Mavericks.

Mavericks is 2 generations old now and is missing a LOT of OpenGL, OpenCL and other OS fixes. You need 10.10.5 as a minimum.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Hey Edwin! Just wanted to thank you for the work Feral does getting us Mac Racing fanatics great games. The fact that Grid Autosport simply works great without the kext and fully utilizes the G27 is outstanding. Now, any chance we'll see F1 2015?!?!?!

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Now, any chance we'll see F1 2015?!?!?!
I keep on asking about the return of F1 series, but Feral never say anything.
Same when asked about the new Tomb Raider. Nothing at all. Very frustrating! I'm sure it's contractual, but if these games are non starters, then what's the down side of making a statement rather than leaving us Mac gamers hanging?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I keep on asking about the return of F1 series, but Feral never say anything.
Same when asked about the new Tomb Raider. Nothing at all. Very frustrating! I'm sure it's contractual, but if these games are non starters, then what's the down side of making a statement rather than leaving us Mac gamers hanging?

Answering questions in the positive before any announcements would in effect announce the game early if we are doing it. On the flip side if we said "we're not doing it" for every game we are not going to port then people would infer any lack of denial as confirmation the game is coming. This is why we (like most games companies) don't speculate about future titles until we can make an official announcement and we are confident of the release.

We do try and answer questions when possible and we allow people to read between the lines at times ;) but I am sure you can understand we can't post in a forum what our internal unannounced plans are either by confirming or denying various titles :)

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Answering questions in the positive before any announcements would in effect announce the game early if we are doing it. On the flip side if we said "we're not doing it" for every game we are not going to port then people would infer any lack of denial as confirmation the game is coming. This is why we (like most games companies) don't speculate about future titles until we can make an official announcement and we are confident of the release.

We do try and answer questions when possible and we allow people to read between the lines at times ;) but I am sure you can understand we can't post in a forum what our internal unannounced plans are either by confirming or denying various titles :)
I understand Edwin. I was just asking. I do also understand imacken's frustration as we just want to play the newest in the series so bad. I have faith that the F1 series will make it's return. I'm just so addicted to F1 games and have been for a very long time. I still play F1 2013 for OS X constantly and still enjoy it. I did break down and buy F1 2015 for the Xbox One. But it's just not the same as playing on my Mac Pro with full VR3 racing setup. Also, I'm 41 and not getting any younger and i'm impatient! :D

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010

Understood Edwin, but why can't you announce games earlier? I mean Windows users have months to look forward to the release of games, but Mac users, usually not.
One of the biggest down sides of this for companies like Feral, is that Mac users will buy the Windows version as they are unsure - at best - if a Mac version is coming, and therefore you guys will miss out on a whole load of sales as a result.
Now, I'm not saying to make the Mac release simultaneous with the Windows version - although that would be nice - but if for example you guys announced that a Mac version is in the pipeline, then I for one would be - and am - prepared to wait. And I'm even older than JaguarGod!

Last edited:

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Understood Edwin, but why can't you announce games earlier? I mean Windows users have months to look forward to the release of games, but Mac users, usually not.
One of the biggest down sides of this for companies like Feral, is that Mac users will buy the Windows version as they are unsure - at best - if a Mac version is coming, and therefore you guys will miss out on a whole load of sales as a result.
Now, I'm not saying to make the Mac release simultaneous with the Windows version - although that would be nice - but if for example you guys announced that a Mac version is in the pipeline, then I for one would be - and am - prepared to wait. And I'm even older than JaguarGod!
Us old guys are impatient!!! :D

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004

For many reasons both logistical and contractual it's not always possible to outline our release plans on a title very early on in the schedule but we do whenever we can. However it's a complex process and not all licenses work out that we can announce the title far in advance which is why some get announced with more working than others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.