Gridlock & iconoclasm or Springtomize?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, May 5, 2012.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

In my past Jailbreak days, I ran Iconoclasm & Gridlock at the same time to get a combination of layouts on my springboard. It looks like now Springtomize does all of the things that those apps did and more.

Would anyone here recommend running Springtomize & uninstalling the other two? Is there anything that Springtomize can't do that I would be missing from Iconoclasm &/or Gridlock?

I'm on iOS 5.1 on a 32GB iP4 (GSM) with the tethered jailbreak, if it matters. Thanks!

2. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Just a quick bump 24 hrs later to see if anyone has any input before I let this one die ...

Thanks!

3. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Springtomize does not do what Gridlock does. I use Springtomize 2 together with Gridlock, they work great together and supplement each other.

4. breezyf808, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012

breezyf808 macrumors regular

What he said!! Springtomize has a trial period so anyone can try before they buy (1 week I believe then u either pay or can't use it until u do)

And I believe gridlock and iconoclasm are almost the same functions.

I do use the gridlock springtomize combo tho.
    Springtomize has a lot of tweaks that makes my iPhone 1-of-a-kind

5. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Thanks nanonyrd & breezy - that's exactly what I was wondering about. I'll leave Iconoclasm out & stick w/ Gridlock & Springtomize. Thanks again!

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Definitely get Springtomize 2! It's one of my favorite apps. It let's you customize so many things it's definitely worth the $3. But like others said, it doesn't do what Gridlock and Iconoclasm do.

7. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I thought it didn't do what Gridlock does, but had the same functionalities as Iconoclasm...

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I think with Springtomize you can do some of the simple things iconoclasm can do, like adding extra rows or columns. But I don't think it give you the control iconoclasm has to set where the rows and columns are on your springboard.

9. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I see, thanks. The next question would be do all of these tweaks (Springtomize 2, Iconoclasm, & Gridlock) play nice with each other stability-wise. Anyone running all 3?

10. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Like many above I use Springtomize2 and gridlock but also I use Shrink.

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I use all 3 with no issues.

12. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Good to know - thanks! Anyone else have any feedback on these three running together? Or any alternatives if you've found something better out there.