Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Griffen survivor screen protector removal

Gman021

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Let me preface this by saying the Griffin Survivor Case is the best case I have ever handled. I have it on my Ipad Air and I love it.

But I was thinking about removing the plastic screen protector. It works great, but I don't want to continually deal with oil spots and fibers sticking to the screen. It's not a big deal, I don't mind it really, but I would prefer it gone so nothing is between me and the retina display.

Has anyone done this to their case?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Griffen survivor screen protector removal

Let me preface this by saying the Griffin Survivor Case is the best case I have ever handled. I have it on my Ipad Air and I love it.

But I was thinking about removing the plastic screen protector. It works great, but I don't want to continually deal with oil spots and fibers sticking to the screen. It's not a big deal, I don't mind it really, but I would prefer it gone so nothing is between me and the retina display.

Has anyone done this to their case?

Maybe use an exacto knife. Don't remove the whole thing because it may be sticky.

Last edited:
Comment

dhcross61

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2014
I always remove the plastic ones and install a zagg or equivalent. Take the plastic one off and rub off the tacky glue and it will work fine.

Comment

Harleybear

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2015
I just bought the griffin survivor case from best buy because they had it on clearance for 31.99. I could not stand the built in screen protector. It ruined the screen quality completely. I used a razor to pull up one of the corners in the back where it was glued on and then just slowly ripped it off. The glue was around the edges, but it was easily removed by peeling and rubbing it off. It did take about 10-15 mins to remove all the glue, but it was worth it. That built in screen protector is horrible!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.