iPad Griffen survivor screen protector removal

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gman021, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Gman021 macrumors regular

Let me preface this by saying the Griffin Survivor Case is the best case I have ever handled. I have it on my Ipad Air and I love it.

But I was thinking about removing the plastic screen protector. It works great, but I don't want to continually deal with oil spots and fibers sticking to the screen. It's not a big deal, I don't mind it really, but I would prefer it gone so nothing is between me and the retina display.

Has anyone done this to their case?

2. Zmanbaseball2, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Griffen survivor screen protector removal

Maybe use an exacto knife. Don't remove the whole thing because it may be sticky.

3. Gman021 thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking. I would hate to mess it up and be not have a protector or a functioning case

4. Gman021 thread starter macrumors regular

5. dhcross61 macrumors newbie

I always remove the plastic ones and install a zagg or equivalent. Take the plastic one off and rub off the tacky glue and it will work fine.

6. Harleybear macrumors newbie

I just bought the griffin survivor case from best buy because they had it on clearance for 31.99. I could not stand the built in screen protector. It ruined the screen quality completely. I used a razor to pull up one of the corners in the back where it was glued on and then just slowly ripped it off. The glue was around the edges, but it was easily removed by peeling and rubbing it off. It did take about 10-15 mins to remove all the glue, but it was worth it. That built in screen protector is horrible!!