Griffgin "Reveal" screwed up my Zagg shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mnilan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mnilan macrumors member

Folks:
    Just a warning: I bought a Griffin "Reveal" this morning at BB to have something on my new iPhone 4 and when I put it on (just now about noon, EST), it screwed up the front corner of my Zagg shield (installed on the iPhone at 8 PM last night, 16 hours ago). I'm not happy! To be fair to Griffin, I will wait until tomorrow to try the Griffin case again but I'm not optimistic because of the overlap of the case onto the shield....

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Not to be harsh, but you messed up your zagg if that's' the case not the the griffin.

I've done incase and zagg before and it was fine.

In my experiences it's more on your placement of the zagg then the other case, but unless the two cases are stated as being compatible then you're chancing it.

I'd usually put the griffin, incase, etc on first to try to see how far it comes up on the screen and then try to see if positioning of the zagg would work with it.

3. megsalias macrumors regular

I've got the Griffin Reveal case on with my Zagg shield, and I haven't had a problem.

4. mnilan thread starter macrumors member

Well, the Zagg is placed on the iPhone equidistant from all sides. I don't see any way positioning the Zagg differently would affect the overlap of the Griffin on top of the Zagg.

Where can I find an indication on the Griffin packaging as to whether or not it is compatible with the Zagg or else a listing of case/protective film combinations?

5. metalblaze macrumors member

Please keep us posted how things work out for you by tomorrow...good luck!

6. disRUPtors macrumors member

disRUPtors

I just returned from purchasing a Griffin Reveal. To those who also have one or used on on a 3g or 3gs, how was it? I plan to use it as a work case. It will be in my pocket most of the time. Any lint problems? How well did it protect your Iphone from an occasional drop? Thanks! ;)

Nevermind. It only protects the back. I should have purchased the ifrogz luxe with the clear front.

7. RedCloud75013 macrumors member

there's a thread on the griffin for 3g, 3gs... and it's not really good... used it for a couple of weeks before I realized that the seal was not great and let dust in, leading to very visible scratches of the back...

8. bevo macrumors regular

not to hijack.

Just purchased the ifrogz shield and case. 2nd attempt with 2nd anti glare film goes on perfect. The case from ifrogz rips it off.

Ahh well.....

It'll have to do till something comes out a little later like an otterbox case and powersuport film.

9. Goodfella3.2 macrumors newbie

Goodfella3.2

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I had the same issue on the lower left corner. I was able to easily fix it and it's all good now though. Dope combo though with the Zagg & the Reveal :cool:

11. mnilan thread starter macrumors member

An extra 24 hours didn't help...

I suppose it could be something screwed up with my iPhone (yeah, right) but the lower left-hand corner still gets screwed up... However, with the additional issue of the Griffin Reveal screwing up the flash, this puppy is going back to BB.