Griffin blue tooth universal remote for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by weisjt, Jun 14, 2011.

1. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

this is what i have been waiting for, I love using my iphone, ipad, and ipod as a remote and the beacon makes this so easy. check it out. i hope it works as well as advertised. it just came out today.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/beacon
    [​IMG]

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

just ordered mine today hoping to have it buy the end of the week. This well be the 3rd remote I tried to use with my Iphone 4. I can't wait get this one. used the 10% code from the site too.

RI Remote failed big time

[​IMG]

and the L5 it was better but not great.

[​IMG]

3. weisjt thread starter macrumors 6502a

weisjt

I hate those ir plugs hoping this on is good cant wait

4. philamac macrumors regular

Unfortunately, it will not replace our remote. Bluetooth problems

I bought the Beacon mainly for my parents to use, but also because the geek in me wanted to try it. Set up is extremely simple, as long as you know how to pair the device to your phone via Bluetooth. Initially everything worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth on the iPhone is so sketchy that I can never tell if my phone is connected to the beacon or not.... Especially after the the phone goes idle or you're just coming back home. Sometimes it'll automatically connect and sometimes I have to go into settings and tell it to connect, but I don't want to worry about my Bluetooth connectivity, I just want to change the channel!

Because of the bluetooth issues, you cannot just pick it up and expect to use it like you would with a real remote control.

5. Larpy macrumors member