Griffin Clarifi with the new 3.2MP camera

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Trauma1, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

I've done a search but I can't seem to find any write-up about this specific question. It was asked in another thread, but never answered and has since been buried in there. I'm considering getting the Griffin Clarifi case for my new 3GS (coming from a 3G with an Incase Slider). Will there be any issues using the Clarifi lens with the new camera on the 3GS? I would think that the increased megapixels, auto focus, macro, etc. would create different focal lengths and render the Clarifi useless, or even a hinderance.

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I am a HUGE fan and supporter of the Griffin Clarifi, and used it as my everyday case on my iPhone 3G for almost a year. I put it on my new 3GS to test it out, and honestly, it doesn't make a huge difference anymore with the new camera. You CAN get closer when shooting macro images, but the distance is very slight, and in my opinion, not worth using anymore.

ALSO, I know the 3G and 3GS have the same body, but for what ever reason, the Clarifi fits much tighter on my 3GS then the 3G, and really caused issue when using a screen protector. I made the choice to keep my Steinheil anti fingerprint screen protector, and say good bye to the Clarifi case. Again, since the macro lens isn't needed like it was, it was easy to let it go. I've switched to the Speck Candy Shell, and although I'm not at all crazy about their color choices (I'd LOVE a solid black one) I went with the black and yellow.

3. threezero macrumors 6502

warning abt the clarifi. While i love mine and still use it. Pray that you never drop your phone so the impact is on the movable lens. Back of my iphone is now scratch there because of a drop