Griffin Elan Form Case for 3G = Don't Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ALittleDrive, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

This case was my favorite for the first couple weeks I had it. It looks great and fits snugly, feels secure with it on. However, when I actually took the case off, I found that there was a scratch, like little divets vertically along the top left of the back of the iphone. These same divets (like tiny dots all in a row), aligned to the case itself, so I knew that it had to be from the case. Apparently, a small piece of something hard must have gotten into the case and when I pulled the 3G out, it scratched the case and my iphone backing. Not cool. So, these cases scratch your iphone instead of protecting it!! I actually want my money back, at least. This same thing happened to someone who wrote a review on the apple store reviews online, so it is not just me.

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

If you're looking for a replacement case, try the Contour Flick. I have one and it almost feels like there isn't a case on at all, and it comes in black and white, so you really get to keep a similar look and feel as a case-less iPhone.

3. ALittleDrive thread starter macrumors regular

Right on, I like it, might purchase...this would be my fourth case, not happy with first three!

4. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

doesn't this happen with a lot, if not all cases of this type? it doesn't create a vacuum seal on your device or anything. dust, dirt, etc. can still get under there. i personally would put on a clear shield to prevent these tiny scratches/nicks, and then a thicker case on top of that to prevent bigger impacts.

5. venusian macrumors member

I took mine back in less than 24hrs, that hard screen protector sucks! it kinda looks like oil splodges all over it! plus it was soo hard to get the bottom bit off it doesnt surprise me that it scratched yours

6. joesegal76 macrumors member

yup i had the same scratch with my elan form case... right to the left of the apple logo. about 3/4 of an inch long and you can't miss it. I do love the case when its on though.

7. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I got mine a week after I got my iphone. Had no problems with it apart from not being too keen on the front cover.
    Used to it now and it doesn't affect usage at all.

No marks on my actual phone either (well, as of last night anyway).

8. ALittleDrive thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think it does happen with most of these types of cases. This one tightly slides the iphone in and out, whereas most clip on and off, that's the difference. So, when dirt or grime gets in the latter, it just comes out, instead of scraping on the way out.