Griffin FireWave Driver on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Zanwolf, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Zanwolf macrumors newbie

Hey,

I've recently just installed Windows 7 through boot-camp on my MAC.

The only problem I have is that my 5.1 speaker's sound comes out of my external Griffin FireWave sound card, which I am struggling to figure out a way to make the sound through Windows play through the surround sound.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to do this?
    If I have to install a different driver that windows recongises then I don't mind.

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Ah, I just checked their site. Appears they only have OS X drivers. Did Windows recognize it all, in any form? If so, what did it call it? Have you tried running Windows Update since plugging it in?

3. Zanwolf thread starter macrumors newbie

It comes up in Other Devices under Device Manager as Griffin Technology FireWave AV/C Audio.

I checked their site as well and couldn't find any supported Windows files. I also tried putting the disc in while Windows was running.

I mainly wanted the surround to work so I could play Mass Effect 2. It strikes me as strange that Windows won't pick up anything for my surround sound at all, even if I just plug the little green cable into my headphone jack, sound still doesn't come out, and that worked on my MAC before I installed Windows.

If you can suggest anything or know of a way to get surround sound to work properly then that would be great, thanks.