Griffin FlexGrip Action + Apple iPod socks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmpnop, Jan 21, 2011.

1. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Today I'm ordering iPod Touch and want to decide on a case. Griffin FlexGrip Action looks really good to me -

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/flexgrip-action-touch4g

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H3226ZM/A?n=ipodtouch4&fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MTk5MTYyMzY&s=topSellers

I had decided to get iPod socks to protect the screen from scratches when I keep it in my pocket (I don't want to use a screen protector) but the unusual design of this case looks like it won't fit in the socks. I don't know how big socks are, so some insight into this would really help me:)

Thanks in advance:)

2. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I would say the socks are quite flexible so I think there should not be a problem. As for me, I use a "no-name" sock and it works fine. No scratches on the screen and the back looks well too. My advice would be buy the socks and do not bother with cases (provided you do not plan on dropping your iPod).

3. jmpnop thread starter macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

I'm buying the case because it has good support for gaming. As you can see its wide, will it fit? I mean its really wide, the socks should expand that much and still shouldn't lose elasticity after some time...

4. Drucifer macrumors regular

You would probably be better off with something like the Otterbox Defender. Not only would it provide great protection from drops but it has a built in screen protector. I've had every iPod Gen to date and have been using them since they launched and I couldn't imagine how annoying it would be to have to remove the sock and put it back on each and every time I used the device.

I personally use a TPU case with a screen protector but my friend has the Defender and he really likes it and yes he plays tons of games on his device. ;)

5. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I see. Well, you could still buy a noname sock, which does not cost that much. Mine was about 2,50€. Even if it will not work, the price paid is not that big to cause a headache.

I use the sock for cca 18 months now and I do not find it annoying to remove it. But I have to add that I do not use my iPod many times for shorter periods per day, it is quite the opposite. It is different strokes for different folks I suppose. :)

6. jmpnop thread starter macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Well there are better choices but I'm looking at that case because it feels great in hand because of its design and its great for gaming. Thats the reason why I'm interested in that case. Because it wider than other cases, I would like to know if it'd fit in the iPod socks...

7. chris7777 macrumors 6502

I have noticed this design as well @ BB ,And It looks really interesting, out of curiocity ,were their any other cases you liked for gaming, or photos( I have had problems holding the ipod 1 handed for pics)

8. jmpnop thread starter macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Well everything else look same to me design wise. This one stands out. Also the back of the case has some kind of protrusion that offers great support for gaming (especially for large hands)..