griffin iclear vs. agent18 clearshield ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by V4705, Sep 8, 2009.

1. V4705 macrumors 6502

what is better for impact protection, to prevent scratches on the phone (by the case itself) and hairline scratches on the case (i do care about scratching the case, thats why i wont get the reveal).

thanks, and please dont spam (there are too many trolls here).

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I have no idea. I've read they are all good. Go to the Apple Store, buy all 3 and test them out. Return the 2 you dislike the most. :D

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'd go with the iSee based on my experiences, however Vandam's post makes a lot of sense seeing as it comes down to your liking, not mine.

Also:

[​IMG]

4. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't have applestore nearby, i'll order from ebay so it's not an option (and anyway i'm not this type of buyer).

can you please explain why did you chose the isee?

thanks!

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well, when I tried it at Micro Center, it was a nice fit. Everything was accessable (all switches and what-not), and I am a big fan of the contour hardcase, the opaque version.

My only gripe, and the thing that stopped me from getting it? The bubbles that show on the back. Im going caseless/ screen protectorless.

However, of those three, the iSee would be best IMO.

Also:
    [​IMG]

:D

6. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

what bubbles? i didn't saw any watermarks on video reviews...

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well it may just be my experience, but on the back and front I noticed the bubbles. Very annoying, however I did has an Invisible shield front screen protector on, so that may have been the issue, but it wouldnt explain the back bubbles.

Oh, and be sure with any clear case to clean it often to get stuff out of it to avoid scratches.

I like this can btw. [​IMG]

8. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Griffin IClear sucks. I had it and it was useless. The case creaks, and if you drop it the case splits open and the phone will come flying out.

Avoid any case made my Griffin. They make crap.