Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Euro-Canadian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I just bought the Griffin iMic to be able to use the line in function to connect my microphone and be able to talk in it and hear myself on speakers at the same time, but I cant get it to work.

(I plug my microphone into an external machine with a line out output, therefore, I plug it to line in on the iMic)

I did play with system preferences and still no sound.

Can someone help me please...

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
...I plug my microphone into an external machine with a line out output, ....[/QUOTE

I think you are going to have to explain this beter. What is "external machine".

Just list the equipment you have and how it is connected. What mic do you have what is it plugged into. whatabout switch settings and what about the "audio/Midi setup" app waht did you select, don't just say you used the app.

Some little detail is wrong and no one will know which it is unless you list every one of them.

Euro-Canadian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
So I kind of got it figured out, some told me to turn monitoring in Garage band on, which I did and it worked, I was able to hear my microphone.

(Machine is the echo machine, and the microphone is Sure SM58 wireless)

Now I am wondering if it would be possible to eliminate the external echo machine, and is there a mixer program I could download in order to control my microphone and effects through the computer, not using garageband.

And what is a good karaoke player for a mac? Is there one where I could play karaoke files and have monitoring of my mike on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.