Griffin Intellicase for new iPad-in stock

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by map1978, Mar 13, 2012.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Just wanted to pass this along to those looking for a smart cover design with a poly snap in case.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/intellicase-for-ipad

$60 isn't too bad, if we can find a coupon somewhere :D

Anyone have this for the iPad 2 and can share there feedback?

Reviews don't look too good for the iPad 2 version :/

2. digiphantom macrumors regular

I want a case slim like that, but covers more of the iPad. The bottom looks exposed.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

FINALLY Griffin come to the party...Not UK listed yet, but it's bound to appear soon. I just want the clear rear cover they made for the 2. I'm buying the Stilgut. leather case for my new ipad3.

4. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Here's the coupon code for 15% off on any Griffin order.
    BARGAINS112

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have this case and initially I really, really like it. It doesn't offer a ton of protection, but if you are looking for a slim, lightweight case with a working cover this is a great case. I think it's about the lighest, slimmest case out there - least what I've found. I hope it holds up well.

The one thing that drove me crazy about this case was that it took me 4 cases to find one that finally was perfect. I really do like this case, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I just hope it holds up well in the long run.

6. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

Hit google for a coupon, I got a better deal than 15%.

I have the black and its ok. It is missing a few things.
    The speaker port is too exposed.
    The inside has no lining to protect from scratching, just plastic against the ipad back.
    The hinges, not sure how durable these will be in the long run.

The good - it is very thin, offers decent protection. The magnets work great. And the cover offers some good angles for viewing.

That said, give the STM grip a look. I'm really thinking of replacing mine with one of those.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If you're gonna spend $60 might as well look at The Joy Factory models. Has extra magnets to hold folded back cover and microfiber lined interior. Seems to be very thin. It also has a "4-fold" cover like the smartcover while most all others only have a 3 fold cover.

I had the iPad 2 version and didn't like it (Intellicase) at all for 3 reasons.

#1) The cover "slipped" side-to side (the "hinge" had way too much side-to-side play).
    #2) No lining on the interior.
    #3) Didn't work on the new iPad.

All these "thin" type cases must cost the manufacturers $3 each landed. They really are nothing. I ended up with a $17 Khomo case for my iPad 2 which was just about identical to the $60 Intellicase. Identical enough to save the $43.

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I agree with your comments about the up charge that goes with these cases. Really not much to them but big cost.

For me this is just about the perfect case. I love the ultra thin form factor. This must be the slimmest case out there. I picked mine up at Wal-mart for under $40. Still pricey but my favorite thus far. I have no issue with lack of fabric on the inside of the plastic. I have the iPad 2 case which is nice and snug to my new iPad so its not slipping around with any chance to scratch the back. I'm glad they didn't add more bulk. I find the cover sleep /awake works just fine and I really don't notice it slipping around when closed and I especially like that it is very stable in the stand positions.

I'm totally sold on this case. So much so that I ordered a second one in white to compliment the white iPad. I just hope the white is easy to clean.

Of course if I could make changes to this case, I would have one but only one and that would be to have the case cover around the speaker a little better. For me that isnt a deal breaker. I know this case isn't going to offer heavy duty drop protection but obviously that wasn't what it was made for. This isn't the right case for many out there but it is perfect to suit my needs.

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Just bought this at Target on clearance for $11!

It's the ipad 2 version.

I like it but it doesn't really fit the new iPad.
    It's on but one side is not snapped in.

I don't mind because it is a temp solution until the Belkin Secure Snap starts shipping.

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the iPad 2 version and it fits - tight but once clicked in, it's going nowhere. I started with the outside corners and side and then worked my way back around clicking in to the cover side and corners.

11. Phish311 macrumors regular

Is there a case like this but with 4 folds rather than 3? I am basically looking for a case that has a smart cover (like the one apple sells) and a back similar to the smartfeather, but as 1 case, not 2 separate compenents