Griffin iPhone 3G case scratched my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew D 1986, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Andrew D 1986 macrumors newbie

I've got a massive scratch on the back of my phone from some plastic scratch in the griffin slide case. Will I be able to take it back for a refund? What about my phone which is now got a massive scratch on the back from the case?

This is in the UK, at CPW. Thanks guys!

2. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Take what back for a refund, the case or the phone?

For the case I would think so, for the phone I would think not.

3. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Suspect that you may have a case (sorry) against Griffin for the goods being not fit for purpose and since CPW were the retailer it may fall to them to provide restitution (i.e. get the phone fixed/replaced to take you back to where you were before the faulty goods did the damage). Check the Sales of Goods Acts, however I am not a lawyer.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Contour's Flick case scratched the back of my 3G. Hard cases can have a tendency to f*** up the backs of devices.

5. Andrew D 1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to take the case back for a refund, if I got a new phone/repaired then that would be a bonus.

6. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Apple will swap out phones for a lot of reasons, but unfortunately I don't think that a 3rd party case scratching the back is one of them. Good luck, though.

7. Andrew D 1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it originally from o2, it's just frustrating since I bought something to stop damage and it done the opposite! I only bought it last thusday and already it has a massive mark down the back, must be something to do but oh well!

1 week old SMH