Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexboy45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Has anyone used a GRIFFIN ITRIP AUTO on an iphone? if so how was it. i am thinking of getting one but I would like to know if the interference from the phone is a big thing. also i was looking at a Belkin Tunedok Car Holder for iPod do these still fit the iphone

jeffhayford

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
Griffin iTrip Auto

Alex,

There have been spotty results with the iTrip Auto (http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-204876.html) originally it was thought that firmware version 1.0.2 did not support it and that 1.1.1 would. Those reports have been disproved unfortunately. I have an iPhone I bought on June 29th with a recently upgraded firmware 1.1.1 and an iTrip auto and unfortunately they do not work together. I tried again with my friend's iPhone thinking it was a fluke of my phone's firmware upgrade but still nothing. I'm confident that Apple will fix this in the future with a firmware update, exactly when I don't know.

Unfortunately the cumbersome iTrip Universal seems to be a viable alternative. Even Griffin's latest iTrip does not work with the iPhone. The real kicker is that all of them work with the iTouch which has almost identical firmware.

It's frustrating but new stuff is coming out every day so something is bound to break.

Best
-Jeff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.