Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Ebay - been there too! Strange it hasn't even appeared in the Apple Store, particularly as the Griffin A-Frame arrived there fairly quickly.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah but the A frame sucked so they probably needed to get some sold lol. The loop is a great stand concept and, crucially looks like a dream for typing.

Any Ebay sellers out there on these forums want to sell this thing? Kevikev maybe?? Don't take the pee on the prices and there are at least two UK buyers who would want one!!

testcard

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I'm almost tempted to order direct from Griffin in the US and then sit back and wait for USPS to deliver - probably a month at least.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Cant you select priority delivery for a premium? I had that with an Ebay seller and it was less than a week.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Here's what they charge for delivery - US > UK:
For standard United States Postal Service (2-3 weeks) : $11.55
UPS Worldwide expedited delivery (whatever that is) : $78.53
And there are other UPS options which are even more expensive! Not great considering they sell the Loop for $29.99.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
You know what will happen dont you? You will put in the order and the next day Amazon UK will have it with next day delivery :)

testcard

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Exactly what I've been thinking - Amazon or Apple Store.

Anyone from Griffin hang around here? If so, care to suggest when the Loop might be crossing the pond?

testcard

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Can't wait any longer for the Griffin Loop to reach our shores. Today I snapped and ordered direct from Griffin. Cheapest shipping option - USPS and canoe (probably). And now the waiting begins...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.