Griffin Powerdock 2 & iPhone 3g with no cradle insert?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spiderhole, Jul 25, 2008.

1. spiderhole macrumors member

My wife and I have 3g iphones, both with rubberized protective sleeves (hers is DLO, mine InCase). I was checking out the Griffin Powerdock2 charging stand for two iphones, and found that if you don't insert any of the cradle adapters the iphones will rest on the charger and stay upright. However, there's really nothing directly supporting the phone other than the charger clip. I'm wondering if this could cause problems like a warped charger socket or even worse a cracked housing on the phone eventually. Has anyone else tried using the powerdock this way with their iphone? Thanks.

2. EasyCheese macrumors newbie

I don't think you have to worry about any damage to your iPhones, but if you are using the touchscreen while you have it docked, it could wear out the 30 pin plug of the Powerdock over time. I have one, and use it the same way. It kinda wobles when I press on the screen, but so far so good.

3. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

Would one of the other inserts, maybe the iPod classic offer some extra support, or does that make the space to tight?

Oh, and my review of this can be found here on YouTube;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oTud-2xodQ