Griffin radioSHARK: Have You Used One?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zflauaus, Jul 13, 2007.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Now that I am listening to more and more AM radio (There's a thought, a 15 year old listening to AM radio, but I like it) because of a few talk shows, I want to get a radio tuner for my iBook so I can record the shows and listen to them later.

The only option I'm seeing for the Mac is Griffin's radioSHARK 2, which is backordered. I want to know, has anybody used one of these? How's the reception? Do you get signal noise in places you do with your current radio?

Also, I'm assuming there are no HD Radio tuners out there yet, right? That's what I would really like, but I don't think there are any out there yet.

2. tehybrid macrumors member

I'd be really surprised if the shows didnt have a podcast

3. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, one of them do, but the big thing for me from not downloading the podcasts: I don't have broadband and don't have instant access to a friend's connection, so I'm stuck with dial-up.

4. pinkie macrumors newbie

I have one, and I really like it. I've only used it on my PC, though - haven't tried it on my Mac yet. The reception is excellent. My mom likes to record radio shows and listen to them later on, the the recording quality is really good too. I was quite impressed.