Griffin Reveal Alternative for 4S

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Hello all,

I currently use the Griffin Reveal in black for my black 4S. I like it, except the back clear plastic gets scratched pretty easily. I'm wondering if there is a similarly-designed case out there, with the rubber frame but a frosty, translucent back so that the scratches aren't visible.

The closest I've seen so far is the Incipio NGP. I have it, but looks a bit too bulky for my taste, and the larger frame around the screen makes it even bulkier.

Thanks in advance.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Griffin Reveal Etch. Carbon fiber back. Anything clear will get scratched easily.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
The GEAR4 ICEBOX has the same design as the 'reveal' but is reportedly better. I have it on my wifes White Iphone in white, I would say that the white rubber sides will get dirty and be uncleanable, but all plastic will scratch id say.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
I know that plastic scratches easily, so I thought that having a frosted plastic back would make it less noticeable and let the logo, etc. on the back still be seen.

The Reveal has a clear plastic back, so it's scratches up good.

Thanks for the replies. Still looking for more recommendations.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
The Belkin Grip Candy is ALMOST perfect for me. ALMOST, because the only the dock cut-out is not big enough. I connect my iPhone to an Alpine headunit through their dock cable, but need to use a dock converter because the Alpine does not charge newer iPhones. The dock converter is a bit huge so the Grip Candy prevents it from connecting to the iPhone. I can get another dock converter that supposedly fits smaller cut-outs, so I need to decide if the Grip Candy is truly worth it. *sigh*

The Switcheasy Trim looks good, but I don't like the ridges around the case. Thanks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.