Griffin Reveal Alternative for 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MJedi, Jan 16, 2012.

1. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Hello all,

I currently use the Griffin Reveal in black for my black 4S. I like it, except the back clear plastic gets scratched pretty easily. I'm wondering if there is a similarly-designed case out there, with the rubber frame but a frosty, translucent back so that the scratches aren't visible.

The closest I've seen so far is the Incipio NGP. I have it, but looks a bit too bulky for my taste, and the larger frame around the screen makes it even bulkier.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Griffin Reveal Etch. Carbon fiber back. Anything clear will get scratched easily.

3. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

The GEAR4 ICEBOX has the same design as the 'reveal' but is reportedly better. I have it on my wifes White Iphone in white, I would say that the white rubber sides will get dirty and be uncleanable, but all plastic will scratch id say.

4. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

I know that plastic scratches easily, so I thought that having a frosted plastic back would make it less noticeable and let the logo, etc. on the back still be seen.

The Reveal has a clear plastic back, so it's scratches up good.

Thanks for the replies. Still looking for more recommendations.

5. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Belkin Grip Candy TPU case is what I'm currently using and loving it. I bought at my local apple store for $29.99. It's similar to the griffin reveal only it has a frosted back so it doesn't scratch or show any fingerprints. Best case I've found so far and I've tried at least a dozen. Let me know what you think.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7893ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA

6. vtclan macrumors regular

Check out the switcheasy trim. Sounds like what you're looking for.

7. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

The Belkin Grip Candy is ALMOST perfect for me. ALMOST, because the only the dock cut-out is not big enough. I connect my iPhone to an Alpine headunit through their dock cable, but need to use a dock converter because the Alpine does not charge newer iPhones. The dock converter is a bit huge so the Grip Candy prevents it from connecting to the iPhone. I can get another dock converter that supposedly fits smaller cut-outs, so I need to decide if the Grip Candy is truly worth it. *sigh*

The Switcheasy Trim looks good, but I don't like the ridges around the case. Thanks though.