Griffin Reveal w/Wrapsol Originial iP4 *PICS*

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nelly41, Jul 9, 2010.

1. nelly41 macrumors regular

So its been like a week since I had my Reveal case and Wrapsol Original with the iphone 4. So far so good. I had this same setup on my 3gs and loved it. Personally I like the matte feel for the iphone backing. The front skin is ok, it doesn't take away from the gorgeous screen, but it does still give you the oily smudges. I might end up going with PS anti glare when it comes out. Griffin Reveal was my choice because I didn't want to cover the back of the phone but also wanted some protection. Also I was bored, so I filled in the Griffin logo on the case with acrylic paint. LOL. I think it turned out alright.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Did you paint ur griffin logo? Mine isn't painted

4. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

hmmm, I don't see the point of a matte back if you're going to cover it with a case...that's just me though.

5. NetBaffle macrumors newbie

Matte back or not, I'm glad it's covered with something. The Griffin Reveal will scratch the glass on a naked iPhone 4 back.

6. Pared macrumors 65816

Did you even read his post?

7. fender57 macrumors 6502

I have a Griffin Reveal with the white trim. It looks really sharp but I don't use it because it reflects when using the flash. Someone mentioned I should color the inside of the lens opening with a sharpie, but that only worked marginally. I abandoned it for a bumper. I do have one of those cheapie smoke colored gel covers and that works fine and does not compromise the flash at all.

8. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Looks nice, I couldn't stand that case though.

9. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

The last thing I want to do is emphasize the brand name of my case, but I'm glad you like it. That's all that is important!

10. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually the case is prone to letting dust in and it can actually scratch the back. I had that problem with the 3GS where it chipped the back housing (was pretty pissed) but the case was what I wanted and had to fix the problem somehow.

11. mrscrouge macrumors member

I've had the griffin reveal (white) for about two weeks and some already. At the beginning I really liked how it looked , BUT , it has gotten dirty (from just playing/holding the phone with my hands) and it doesn't have that crispy white on the black iPhone contrast anymore. I tried cleaning it , scrubbing it with a sponge and soap, not coming off. Also, I've made sure not to drop it , and not to put it in the same pocket it as my keys, however I still managed to find a couple of noticeable scratches on the plastic. Lastly , I found myself cleaning the dust trapped in the back 2-3 tines a day.
    Not a terrible case, but for the price , I wouldn't recommend, and I'm looking for a new/better one.

12. joshrholloway macrumors member

joshrholloway

I actually think the painted Griffin logo is a nice touch, I like it.

I like Griffin... I know a few people there and they are all good guys.

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

14. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I hated the Griffin Reveal. To each their own. Weird you like the back matte, but then put a shiny clear case over it...

15. TechZone macrumors member

TechZone

Thanks for the pictures. This is same setup I am looking for. I couldn't fine this case.

16. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Great paint job! Looks like it should have came that way. I have the same case, do you guys really think having a naked i4 back with this case will get scratched? I'm a little worried about that.

17. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

I put on the wrapsol on the back of the phone because of other people (including) myself experience from using the reveal with the 3gs. The dust gets trapped and actually ended up chipping the back of the phone. So I wanted to protect the back of the iphone 4. I like the matte back look and feel, but i'm not going to buy another wrapsol just to put it on the back of the shiny clear reveal case.

It could, thats why i took the preventative measure. Dust will always get into the back of the phone with the case on, you would just have to clean it at least once a day.

18. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

Pretty much the exact same setup that I had on my 3GS. the matte finish wrapsol also helps with watermarking as it doesnt stick to the reveal case like a shiny finish skin would