Griffin Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Dorkington, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

2. eg2007 macrumors 6502

I've never used the Griffin, but I'm going to get it. Tired of the fingerprints on my iPad. If you do some Googling, you can find coupon codes for Griffin's site.

3. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd love it if you could point me in the right direction. :)

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I'm also interested to hear about this film. Is it comparable to the Power Support anti-glare?

I agree about the finger prints. Getting really tired of waiting. This is all Power Support said:

So a canned response. I received it yesterday.

5. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

It says anti fingerprint and reduction of glare... and they call it matte...

One can hope that it's similar... especially since PowerSupport has gotten such raving reviews on theirs in the past... I'm just getting utterly impatient, so I might give in and order soon haha

6. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Sure. I just Googled and found www.retailmenot.com and searched for the Griffin Technology store.

CJJAN1 is the one I used yesterday for !5% off.

Saved about 11 bucks total on a case and screen protector. Shipping is free if you're willing to wait about 5-6 days. Something's better than nothing :)

7. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice!

Yeah, I was looking at that code myself, wasn't sure if that was what you were referring to. Thank you, I think I'll get me a screen protector and wait patiently.

8. AllanMarcus macrumors newbie

9. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is invisible shield matte?

I want an anti reflective/anti fingerprint screen protector...

10. britboyj macrumors 6502a

God no. InvisibleShield is the most awful thing to run your fingers across... ever.

11. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Screen does not need that kind of protection, its a complete waste of money.

12. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I ordered this one for $10:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer Technology/PADNUVUE/

The Griffin one seems like a bit of a rip for $24.00. I mean all these 'accessories' are. Probably less than a dollar in actual cost for the thing if that. $10 is bad enough.

I want one not for the protection, but the anti-glare and smudges. I really miss that and love having one on my iphone. I actually don't like the feel of the bare glass now... the material is smoother and doesn't get all grimy needing constant wiping.

13. jamesthegator macrumors member

Please post a review of this when you receive it. This looks a lot like the more expensive and not yet available power support protector. This might be a better alternative.