Griffin Survivor Core inquiry....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ourphones, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Ourphones macrumors member

Greatly appreciate how this case compares with:

Candyshell grip
    Magpul
    Thule Atmos 3X

In terms of grip, height of front lip, size, sense of protection, and any other information.

2. JAG21979 macrumors member

I can't compare the case to those you listed, but I purchased the Griffin Survivor Core from Wally World and immediately returned it when I put it on my phone. I didn't like the pointy edges, while I understand why they're there, just didn't like the ergonomics. Seems like an okay case in terms of protection, I like my Tech 21 case much better. I also heard the white Griffin case will discolor. I purchased the black one. Good luck.

3. Ourphones thread starter macrumors member

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Hi! I have both the Thule Atmos X3 and the Griffin Survivor Core for the 6 Plus, and I love them both.
    Thule Atmos X3 (Left) and Griffin Survivor Core (Right)--Back View.jpg

Thule Atmos X3 (Left) and Griffin Survivor Core (Right)--Front Bottom View.jpg

To answer your questions about the two:
    Grip: Winner is Thule Atmos X3
    Sense of protection: Winner is Thule Atmos X3, if you are asking about the 'sense of protection'--it just feels more rugged. However, they are both rated to the same 2 meter drop protection level.
    Lip: Pretty equal between the two
    Size: Winner is Survivor Core. It is very slightly taller, due to the flared corners of the case, but it wins on thinness and case width.

Hope this helps. In fact, I just did a YouTube video comparison between the two if you are interested:

http://youtu.be/C_JeqP-Ht1c

Thanks!!

Kristin