iPad Griffin Survivor for iPad Air AND PICS!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xraytech, Nov 3, 2013.

1. xraytech macrumors 68020

Not a fan of the "Bomb Proof" style cases simply because of their considerable bulk. But the iPad Air is so thin that the bulk of the Griffin's Survivor case isn't all that bad.

$79 @ Best Buy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DocGo macrumors member

I got one for my iPad Air as well. I like this case especially for my hospital work. Makes the whole thing easy to clean after a day's work with patients. Am waiting for LifeProof to make a case for the Air too.

3. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

4. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

It's adequate. It's an integrated screen protector so you don't run into the typical issues with screen protectors.

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Don't those "oil" marks where the protector touches the screen really annoy you?

6. xraytech, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Doesn't really bother me. If anything, I'll rip out the protector to get better touch fidelity. As it is now, my inputs are not registering as well as I would like which is typical for these kinds of screen protectors.

Here are more pics...

[​IMG]

Home Button & Lightning Port
    [​IMG]

Front Facing Camera Port
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear Facing Camera & Mute/Orient Lock Port
    [​IMG]

Dual Mic Ports
    [​IMG]

Headphone Port
    [​IMG]

7. enjoimorenow macrumors newbie

kind of ugly imo, but if you are looking for protection i think it certainly fits the bill. I just can't have a device with such a bulky case, I don't like it. I would rather use a skinomi skin wrap, and buy apple care in case it ever does break. Really not anymore expensive to do it that way, and I get to use the device as intended, rather than a huge bulky case.

Also, nothing worse than that built in screen protector like on the Lifeproof cases. Is this similar to that? I don't like how there are always air bubbles, areas where it is stuck to the screen and areas where it's not. Just not a fan of those, would rather put on a real screen protector which you can't tell is there, doesn't mess with the touch, etc.

Just my .02

Is this completely waterproof as well?

8. CFG macrumors newbie

screen?

Was wondering why they didn't have a plastic protective case on the screen as well (like otterbox). I feel if I get this one I would still have to wrap it in something (to protect screen) before throwing it into my backpack. Is my thinking right?

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It has an integrated screen protector like the Otterbox.

10. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes it has an integrated screen protector but I ended up removing it. Waiting for Power Support to release an iPad Air screen protector.

11. CFG macrumors newbie

I meant the hard plastic cover that snaps off and becomes a stand with the otterbox. This case doesn't have that right? I guess I'm trying to see if it would be enough to just have this case on and put it in my backpack. What do you guys think?

12. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

OIC!!!

When I had the Otterbox Defender case, I never used that cover.

13. CFG macrumors newbie

How did you carry it around? Just want to make sure I don't kill it in my backpack with all my binders and books :)

14. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

I carry it around in my Timbuk 2 Man Purse. There's a iPad sized pocket inside the lining. No issues with protection for the past 3 iterations of the iPad.

15. ricktat macrumors 65816

I just picked one of these up at Best Buy. I didn't want to get something this bulky but I don't want to take my Ipad out of the house with just a Smartcover. Also I am afraid my kids would kill it.

I justified it to myself by saying that it's so much smaller than the Ipad 2-4 version. $80 is way overpriced but is the early adopter penalty.

I can always return it later if I am not happy.;)

16. iWeekend macrumors regular

Finally went on sale locally. I'll live with it a few days, but am not in love with it out of the box.

Question for those who have cut out the screen protector, was the procedure as easy as it looks to be, especially with a sharp blade? Any regrets at doing this?

17. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I highly recommend this case if you have young children. It has paid for itself many times over. My kids' poor iPad has survived my son dropping it into a bathtub full of water; and a severe case of motion sickness in the car with my daughter. That's above and beyond the usual everyday dropping, throwing, and general abuse only toddlers can inflict. :)

18. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I know-- I love it- I have a blue/black one on both of my ipad minis ipod touches, and iphones.

19. mbp17xxx macrumors regular

I got this on my air, but I'm thinking i got a fake one. anyway i dropped it twice already table height so far so good.

20. Jhun80 macrumors newbie

Was planning to buy this, but i have a Bodyguardz tempered glass protector, was wondering if its gonna fit.