Griffin Survivor or Otterbox Defender

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snoopy12533, May 29, 2011.

1. snoopy12533 macrumors newbie

I'm Just looking for some opinons on these two cases. After Shattering the screen and apple replacing it for free I want a case that provides very good protection. I understand that these cases add quite a bit of size to the iPhone and I dont care. I used to carry around one of those huge Nextel i700s.

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Griffin Survivor has a lot of protection when compared to the OtterBox Defender since it has a lot thicker silicone around the sides and the corners, and it offers more protection arond the ports.

3. snoopy12533 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just saw this other case called lifeproof. Does anyone have this? Is it any good?

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

It has not been released yet.

5. snoopy12533 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh my bad the gizmodo page i read was wrong then. Ive seen some videos for this case that are quite outrageous.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Go with the Survivor or the slightly less bulky Explorer.

7. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I would avoid the Explorer. I got one in and while it is essentially a 3gs Defender for the iPhone 4, it doesn't have a screen protector at all. The Holster is really good on it though.

Personally, the Explorer is like one os the 5 dollar Otterbox knockoffs on eBay, just without a screen protector, slightly tighter silicone, and oddly, a cut out for the sim card with a flap for protection.

8. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

Pre-orders have already been sent purchase links but none are in the "wild" just yet.

Hopefully will get my hands on one soon to review.

Hope this clears things up!

9. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

In my personal opinion going if you want something that provides overall protection but also retains some semblance of good looks, I think the Defender might work well for you.

The survivor works really well as a protective case, but the added bulk for the minimal add in protection may not be a good balance.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps and you are able to grab a case that works well for your needs.