Griffin Survivor

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gmaines, Oct 29, 2011.

1. gmaines macrumors member

Thinking of getting one. Any comments? Thanks.

2. RickG macrumors regular

I just bought one at Wallmart for $39. its a great case but the holster is very flimsy. you would think that such a stong case would come with a holster that equals the strength of the case. I also have a Otter Defender and that holster is very robust, yet I'm not a fan of that holster either- its like a shelf with a tab.... but very stong. The other big thing you will notice about the survivor is the home button has a raised round cover (part of silicone cover) that gets pressed all the time if you put it in your pocket- this is a design flaw- my 4s has had Siri activated a few times by pocket presses... I like the rounder lines of the survivor but I think the Defender is a more practicle solution because the holster is way better and the home button doesn't get the accidental presses.... if you get the Defender be sure and get the newer one with the big earpiece cut out so you have the latest version

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I think the defender looks a lot better than the Survivor.

4. Manzanas macrumors member

Have you considered the lifeproof case? Its much thinner and looks better imo

5. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I have both the new version of the defender and the survivor and prefer the survivor. I think the silicone fits a lot better and is much easier to put on. Case just feels better. I agree about the home button issue of. Ring raised and being accidentally pressed while in the pocket. Also agree that the holster is a bit flimsy but never use them anyways.