Griffin Wave 3g Case work-around

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Terance, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Terance macrumors newbie

I bought the Griffin Wave case thinking that it would be a low profile, slim looking case. When I bought it, it really wasn't what I had envisioned.

I hated how the material would get "caught" on my pockets when I tried to put it in my jeans and that is something that really, really bugged me. Also, once in my pocket it felt very bulky.

My solution?

I took off the front of the case.

Using just the back of the Griffin wave case has gotten rid of all the problems I had with the phone. Now when I slide my iPhone into my pocket (screen facing me) the phone doesn't give me any hassle or get caught on my jeans. The back of the phone gets all the protection that I wanted, and the "waves" even give it a unique look. I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning to show you guys how it looks in person.

The only drawback here is "protection" against drops, if the phone falls, it will most likely pop out of the case.

thanks for reading, hopefully you guys like this little work-around as much as I do.

_matt

*here are the photos*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Solution: Stop wearing tight girl pants/jeans? :p

On a serious note, that's why I went with Griffin's other case = zero problems. Why would you (anyone) sacrifice your phone by not fully protecting it? ;)