Griffin Wave for 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lansi23, Jul 30, 2009.

1. lansi23 macrumors member

hi,

not sure if this question has been asked before, anyone here used this case before? and any feedbacks?

thinking of getting this, looks nice and sure looks like it can protect the iphone from a drop.

thanks in advance.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Generally if it says Griffin and it's a case, avoid it. I had the wave when the Iphone 3G first came out and didn't like the case at all. It was bulky, the way the case fit left gaps that allowed dust in and it was prone to scratching the phone.

My opinion is to find something else, preferably not made by Griffin.

3. lansi23 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your reply. i've read some reviews on the wave, and they are saying the same thing you did, dust do get in easily through the cracks. ah well .. it looked good for a moment.

4. Apple Guru macrumors member

Get the wave if you want your bezel scratched up! I had them on my 3G and it messed it up big time. Try the slider. You may like that. I have it and I don't know what people are saying about it being scratched up. Been using it on my 3G and 3GS and no scratches what so ever!

5. kicko macrumors 65816

But some people say the slider is going to scratch the phone up too, so what good would that do?

If your looking to protect the phone from drops, then get the speck candyshell. I had it for months on my phone and it has a soft silicone inside, no scratches on mine.

If thats too bulky then i would suggest a iskin solo. Check out reviews of both and see what you like.

6. Apple Guru macrumors member

Well if your going buy what people say then wrap your phone in a giant blanket. That why nothing happens to it. Everyone has different experiences. Thus why you are reading the forums. Every case will scratch it at one point. So like I said..... wrap it up!

7. kicko macrumors 65816

its not like i'm making things up here
    View Poll Results: incase slider scratched your phone?
    yes 40 62.50%
    no 24 37.50%
    Voters: 64.

the bottomline is check out a lot of reviews on youtube and find what you think will work for you. Every case is probably prone to some flaw. I would not personally sugguest a slider, I dont care for the installation, but thats just me.

8. lansi23 thread starter macrumors member

hmm .. so speck candyshell is the way to go? it's hard plastic outside and silicon inside right?

9. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I have the blue/pink Griffin Wave in my car just chilling. I used it for a few days until I got my Invisible Shield

10. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

i bought 2 waves on sale from griffin's website. i hated it. i complained and got a nu form(which is ok) and a clarifi(which is better). but i still wouldn't recommend a case from griffin. their docks, however, are amazing.

11. V4705 macrumors 6502

+1

12. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

And what I meant is someone can buy it for cheap off me