Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lehman310

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
I was in iTunes when I heard a slight grinding sound form the speaker area and I thought nothing of it. About 5 minutes later I was watching a youtube video and the grinding got louder to the point where I could no longer hear the video. I immediately powered the iMac down and upon reboot process, the grinding sound could be heard again. After the booting process, the sound is gone. I am wondering what it was and if I should waste my time taking it in to an Apple Repair Shop

ruk110

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
England
I was in iTunes when I heard a slight grinding sound form the speaker area and I thought nothing of it. About 5 minutes later I was watching a youtube video and the grinding got louder to the point where I could no longer hear the video. I immediately powered the iMac down and upon reboot process, the grinding sound could be heard again. After the booting process, the sound is gone. I am wondering what it was and if I should waste my time taking it in to an Apple Repair Shop

dude,take it in. fix her up while shes still new, and while you still have the warranty!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.