Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Thin, thick, small, large.... Whatever the case may be (pun not intended) - what's the grippiest case you have used or are using?

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
The grippiest I have personally used is the Apple silicone case. Only issue I had was that it collected a fair amount of lint from my pockets.

shftoptk

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2016
USA
I've only owned the knockoff apple silicone cases and they are very grippy but fell apart after a couple of months and often got stuck in my pocket. After that I bought the new 6/6s battery case. It's is the same material as the regular apple silicone case but I think you could call the battery case more grippy because the battery forms to your palm when holding the phone. Still, it was a little too grippy and would stick to my pockets- not as bad as the knockoff silicone though.
Since I have switched to a Plus, I have been using the spiegen air cushion and the magpul carrying case
both have a decent amount of grip. Doesn't get stuck in your pants and doesn't slide on a table or in your hand, which is exactly what I want in a case.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
The grippiest I have personally used is the Apple silicone case. Only issue I had was that it collected a fair amount of lint from my pockets.

I agree with this. The silicone cases are the only ones that so far have met my needs as far as grip goes. Don't have the lint issue though but maybe it's cause it's in my purse a lot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.