Grippy iPhone 8 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GigabitEthernet, May 20, 2018.

1. GigabitEthernet macrumors 6502a

I am looking for a case that is grippy for the iPhone 8.

I have tried the Speck Presidio Grip but it wobbles on a table and it drives me nuts, so I'd like a case that doesn't do that please, as well as being grippy!

2. Kantry123 macrumors newbie

How about Ringke Onyx or Spigen Rugged armour

3. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

4. tops2 macrumors 6502

I like the Zugu case. Been using it for my iPhone 6 Plus and now the 8. The ribs on the side really help with grip. The case has a rough textured feel that’s grippy without being sticky..making it still easy for me to take the phone out of the pocket without the pocket getting pulled out.

5. Sean006 macrumors 6502

6. GigabitEthernet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ordered the Zugu case from Amazon US (I’m in the UK).

I’ve also received the Spigen Tough Armor 2 and I’m finding it good so far. It’s a shame about the Apple logo cutout which I hate but apart from that it is good.

7. tops2 macrumors 6502

I hope you like the Zugu case! :)

I am kinda wanting to try a different case for my iPhone 8.. But I keep remembering for my 6+, I always ended up with about 7-9 different cases but I always went back to my Zugu for the grip and the slimness. I’ve dropped my 6+ on concrete maybe only 3-4 times with no damage to the phone except for one time. One time the phone landed on the face and there were a few small pebbles. Luckily I was also using tempered glass and the tempered glass shattered but my phone screen was fine.

But yeah, I love my Zugu case but for some reason doesn’t seem to be a popular case..

8. GigabitEthernet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks all.

Got a Speck CandyShell Grip as well which I'm pleased to report is far more stable than the Presidio Grip. I don't get how this can be but it is - always loved the Grip on my previous iPhones.

Importing from the USA via Amazon is also stupidly easy. I'm a bit worried I might be getting a bit obsessed...

9. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

I’ve never found a case that offered the same grip as the speck and I’ve been looking since the 6.

10. ericwn macrumors 68020

My wife is very satisfied with the silicone case from Apple. Great colour and grippy too.

11. GigabitEthernet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks mate. How do you find the protectiveness?

12. ericwn macrumors 68020

Very good actually! The silicone just protrudes enough for an all-round protection. If in doubt - order one and make use of Apples return policy if you dislike it.

13. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...anyone recommend a super slim case for the iPhone 8 Plus, which still offers good grip (all the slim cases I have seen have that horrible super smooth matte finish which is more slippery than the naked iphone!!)

14. ericwn macrumors 68020

I’m using Apple’s leather case on my plus size devices since the 6+ and am very satisfied with those so far. The silicone ones are a tiny bit thicker than the leather ones I believe but even grippier.