Grocery List Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ks-man, Aug 15, 2011.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for an App that I can use for creating grocery lists. Ideally it would work (sync) with my iPhone, iPad, Mac and Wife's android.

I don't need anything over the top, just something to add an item to a list whenever it pops in my head and then my wife or I will see it when we hit the grocery store.

What are people using to do this?

2. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

I think Remember The Milk is a popular choice for people who wish to keep to-do lists in sync across multiple devices. It has a website component so it should be checkable from anything. They also have a dedicated app, which is free (although I believe the service costs a nominal fee).

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/iphone/

In related news, iOS 5's "Reminders" app is a fantastic solution for this kind of stuff. I've been using it for the past few months and it's been wonderful. I don't know if Apple is going to sync up reminders to their iCloud service but if they did, it would certainly solve 80% of your problem (excluding the wife's Android).

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

My wife and I use Grocery IQ...syncs between our iPhones and iPads. While I'm at the store she can see things I've picked up getting checked off the list while at home and she can add last minute items from home that will appear on my iPhone while I'm still shopping.

4. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

5. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for this recommendation. I've currently installed it and if it accurately syncs it should work perfectly for my needs. The fact that it is free makes it even nicer.