Grooveshark

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cocky jeremy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Anyone else love this site? It looks like Apple finally approved the app to the app store. So now you don't even have to jailbreak your iPhone for Grooveshark mobile. You DO still need the VIP service though. Only $30 a year. It's easily my favorite place to listen to music. I found (by accident) that for a limited time you can buy an $18 Grooveshark t-shirt and get the year of VIP for free with it. Save $12 and still get VIP.. sweet!

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I'm surprised that more people aren't going crazy over this. The app is amazing and all it needs at this point is background audio (which they say they are working on) and it'll be gold.

And it works worldwide unlike Pandora or Spotify.

3. jordanabc macrumors newbie

4. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

I'm currently a Slacker subscriber and I really like Offline station (like Grooveshark Radio) caching... I whish Grooveshark will offer offline radio station caching... Then, I'll do the switch.

5. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

I'm a little confused about the service. I uploaded some music to the site, subscribed to the VIP service but I'm not seeing the files on my iPhone app.

I am missing something or is that not the purpose of the app, to be able to stream YOUR music from the app?

6. madagi macrumors member

Bout time. I finally have Grooveshark back on my iPhone without having to jailbreak. I'm having less and less reasons to jailbreak these days.

7. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Not really sure of the point of uploading your own music, unless maybe for rare music, live versions, etc. I just add music to my favorites and go into that part of the app. ;)

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

So, why actually should we be going crazy? Isn't this just another variation of Pandora, Slacker, the list goes on? I didn't know these were unavailable outside the US.

Is the big difference being able to upload your own music to stream it? There are already apps/services like this in the app store. I used to have one, but gave up on it because it would take about 30 minutes to upload a 60MB album.

9. jbro1999 macrumors regular

Thank you! I been a VIP member for a while until we couldn't jailbreak for a while there. Now I'm all set for a year, got both Slacker and Grooveshark for a year now! Screw Sirus and XM

You can play whatever song you want when you want. How awesome is that?

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

That is actually pretty cool. I'm surprised they let it in.

11. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Not to mention the radio stations and the fact you can share with friends.

12. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade