Grounding issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrluke, Jan 7, 2017.

  1. mrluke macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    #1
    I had my MBP plugged in to the mains with it sitting on my legs with bare skin contact, I went to pick up my iP6 which was also plugged into the mains, and I received a nasty shock which made me throw the phone away leaving and left me with a numb sensation in my hand for a while.

    Anyone else has any issues?

    MacBook Pro is the new 2016 with Touch Bar.
     
  2. xsdeus macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 24, 2012
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #2
    buy the $19 power extension with a ground. I know it sucks to have to spend money for something that used to be included with the device, but it will absorb the shocks.
     
  3. fs454 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles / Boston
    #3
    Yeah, apparently this is normal behavior with the non-extended power adapter. I never had used one without the 3-prong extension until this new MBP, and I posted a topic about the same thing. If you steal the extension from another old power adapter or buy a new one for $19 it'll go away and you'll have a longer power cable.
     

Share This Page